Team Management Training
Our bespoke training packages are designed to fit around your business and are tailored to your specific requirements. Our Management Training courses, are a cost-effective way of improving the existing team performance and productivity.
We understand that every company is unique, with its own needs, objectives and vision. That is why we tailor these courses to centre around your team and what you want to achieve.
Conflict can be hugely damaging to the success of your organisation. At a high level, disputes can literally tear a company in two. But anywhere conflict arises, it creates a tense and unproductive work environment. Teams that are able to resolve conflict, are a winning combination of people. Much of business success is about overcoming problems successfully, so why would you not want people who resolve conflict effectively?
Conflict handling is useful across a business:
- Senior leadership teams – differences of opinion here can be crippling to an organisation.
- Conflict within teams – people fall out for all sorts of reasons. When you spend a lot of time with people it’s human nature to occasionally irritate one another.
- Knowing how to recognise, understand and resolve conflict is vital. There is a way to approach conflict in which we can reach a win/win and collaborate to a successful conclusion for all involved.
This one day course, will focus on bringing about an end to participant’s conflict situations quickly, cost-effectively and with as little discomfort as possible.
We will provide your participants with the skills, knowledge and awareness necessary to display a positive approach to conflict handling.
The modern work environment places many demands on the Manager, not least the need to treat ‘difficult’ employees with the same care and respect afforded to those who are less demanding. Recognising and understanding the cause or causes of this behaviour, and the Manager’s self-awareness of their own behaviour and its impact, are vital in the fight to create a working environment where everyone is treated equally and are afforded the same opportunities.
This one day managing difficult behaviours training course, will provide your participants with both the knowledge to appreciate the reasoning behind what we might consider difficult behaviour, as well as the communication tools to manage and overcome difficult behaviours in the workplace.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the root causes of tension in the workplace
- Recognise common triggers and inhibitors of behaviour
- Appreciate the Stimulus-Response model and how to adapt to it
- Explain the attitude and behaviour cycle and relate it to your own experience
- Understand and apply behaviours for defusing/calming situations
Having an effective team around you is crucial. However, it is an area that is often left to chance, which can lead to de-motivated individuals that do not feel part of the business and consequently do not perform.
This course looks at what it takes to lead an effective team and how you can get the best out of the people in it by understanding the role of leader, both personally and from the point of view of the team.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Explain the qualities of an effective leader
- Benchmark themselves against those qualities and develop actions to improve
- Explain the difference between leading and managing
- Explain the value of sharing the business vision with the team
- Develop team goals based on the business vision
- Motivate their staff by understanding their drivers and developing actions to support them
- Deal with difficult staff members
- Challenge staff in a meaningful and effective way
- Coach staff effectively using a simple process
Diversity is about difference. Essentially, a valuing diversity approach focuses on the positive aspects of the differences between people. It recognises that the different backgrounds, values, attitudes, skills and experiences that people have means that they bring a unique perspective to work issues.
The aim is to create a culture that truly values the diversity of its people, includes them, listens to them, uses their unique qualities and provides opportunities for them to achieve their potential. There is an important legal framework of legislation designed to protect people from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation. Here we break this down including the relevant definitions and important points
At the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Promote a culture which, values peoples’ difference, and which challenges any threat to an individual’s dignity and well-being
- Define diversity, bullying and harassment and understand the effect on victims of such behaviour
- State their role in challenging inappropriate behaviour and the impact they can have on changing the culture.
The legal definitions outlined in this session are based on UK law and although easily adaptable, this course should be booked with this in mind.
Delegation is much more than telling others what to do. It is about using a particular style of leadership that empowers others to take responsibility and make decisions. It develops their skills and knowledge and makes full use of their potential.
Delegation is about entrusting others with your authority and whilst you retain overall responsibility, if something goes wrong, they are entrusted and encouraged to make decisions. Delegating is a key skill we should all develop.
Good delegation saves you time, develops your people, grooms a successor and motivates. Delegation is a very helpful aid for succession planning, personal development and seeking and encouraging others to take on higher responsibilities.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is described as the study of human excellence and demonstrates how to communicate effectively and influence others. It was developed in the 1970s by a group of psychologists who were studying successful people in order to analyse successful behaviour.
Since then NLP has been developed further and examines thought processes, language patterns and human behaviour. NLP helps us to understand the connection between human behaviour, emotions, mind, body and actions. Basically, it helps us to improve the effectiveness and impact of our communication.
These NLP training course materials will provide your participants with an understanding of the core NLP techniques and how to use them to improve their communication and actions.
By the end of the NLP training course, participants will be able to:
- Motivate themselves and others
- Communicate effectively
- Think positively
- Create actions to make a difference
Please complete the following fields and we will respond within 48 hours.