- This event has passed.
ABBE NVQ Level 3 Domestic Energy Assessor (Dip.DEA)
July 26 @ 9:00 am - July 28 @ 5:00 pm£930
A domestic energy assessor is responsible for producing an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), for a domestic property. An EPC is a mandatory requirement for any property in the UK, which is being sold or rented and the certificate is valid for a period of 10 years. The duties of the Energy Assessor are performed on-site in the property being assessed and the report will require the following details:
- Establishing the age and construction method of the property.
- Measuring floor and wall areas of the property.
- Looking at heating systems including the boiler, heat emitters and controls.
- Identifying existing cavity wall and loft insulation.
- Identifying any alternative heating (e.g. solar) and energy-efficient products (e.g. energy saving light bulbs).
In addition to the above requirements for the report, the EPC now serves another important purpose, when considering energy efficiency measures, funded by the Energy Company Obligation schemes (ECO), or the ‘former’ Green Homes Grant initiatives.
JWP Success Ltd can offer you Domestic Energy Assessor Training, which will not only equip you with the relevant, NVQ Level 3 qualification to undertake energy assessments, but will provide several avenues for career development and job progression.
Job security is far greater in the energy market than any other industry at present.